Tuesday, December 30, 2014

"Behind an Amp"

Welfare by Any Other Names
Have you heard that the ceo's and boards of corporate farms, the energy and war corporations, and the drug pusher corporations will be required to be tested for drugs? It's probably because they are on welfare and a drain on society.
*
Oink Oink
Fox, the Opinion Instigator Noise King extraordinaire
Is the opposite of balanced and the opposite of fair
KISSing Herc, well
It's a helluva Montel
New Year's is coming! Washin' the grime out of my hair.
*
From "Running With Scissors A Memoir" by Augusten Burroughs, Picador, 2002, page 109 in the paperback:
   "Because he moved out of our home in Leverett when he was sixteen [author was 7 years younger], my brother was never involved with any of the Finches. He had met them and considered them 'freaks.' He also considered our parents 'freaks' and remained as far away from them as possible. He was designing electric guitars for the rock band KISS at the time, so I viewed him with a remote sense of awe.
   Once, he even let me hang out with him and the band like a groupie. They were playing the Nassau Coliseum in New York and my brother not only paid for me to fly all the way out there, but he met me at the airport in a white stretch limo.
   I got to sit next to the stage and watch the band rehearse. I got to see them without makeup. I even got to watch Paul Stanley talk on a portable phone that was the size of an assault rifle.
   At one point, Gene Simmons came over to me and joked, 'Hey, little boy. Wanna see me without my clothes?'
   I wanted to tell him 'Yes.'
   He laughed and stripped off his jeans so he could put on his stage clothes.
   I kept watching until he gave me a funny look and stepped behind an amp."      

No comments: