Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Good Show

During the next 20 days of expensive tv ads: Eliminate the politician and give your money directly to Wall Street. It's track record assures US the money will be obliterated half as fast as with a shredder.
*
In an imaginary world where Romney has an honest character:

Mr. Romney, would an oil pipeline running the entire length of our country be dangerous to life?

That is a definite yes. There have been many accidents and breakages and spills up in Canada. You, not me, would experience the same.

Mr. Romney, where would you like to see oil wells in this country?

Good question. I would like to see oil wells EVERYWHERE, but not when I look out any windows of my houses. That reminds me - note for future reference and Paulie: lower and middle income housing construction will not include windows. What would be the point? And before you ask again, yes, oil drilling is dangerous to life, but not my life.

Mr. Romney, would you increase fracking and is it dangerous too?

Yes, and yes, but so what. Fracking has brought us a lot of gas so far, and now we want to drive the natural gas prices as far up as your cancer risks. Fracking makes your water undrinkable. And don't get me started on the earthquakes. The nice part is that when there are earthquakes, such as the recent ones in Maine, you can never be sure if it is the fracking which surrounds Maine or an "off-balance washing machine" that caused the quakes. Tough one. Another note to myself: try to start fracking under Mount Rushmore. I think business is business. I have time for one more question.

Mr. Romney, is there such a thing as clean coal?

No. There is too much regulation on coal mining. We don't like rules involving common sense or worker safety. Again, what is the point? Did you see my wife's face last night? She is getting so tired and crabby. Maybe I'll build her another house in a country that isn't so filthy and dangerous. Thanks, everybody, good show. 

No comments: