Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Oh, the Children

"The perpetrators of these violations and crimes, on all sides (my bold), act in defiance of international law."
"The report of the independent international commission of inquiry on the Syrian Arab Republic" by the 4-person United Nations rights panel: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/09/11/world/middleeast/12geneva-doc.html
*

*
What I heard in Barack Obama's speech of September 10, 2013:

I choose mediocrity over greatness and that is a shame for all of us. I have a couple of random bits of information which may add up to many different things. I say they add up to Assad. In order to get you people to believe my version of the events of August 21, I will try to cloud your thinking with emotions. Here it is: children got gassed, children were gassed, watch the film of children getting gassed. Children were gassed. Doesn't that make you angry? Doesn't that make you want to bomb something somewhere? The bombing would be between a pin prick and one of my usual drone strikes. Think about it. Think about the children getting gassed. A Congressional vote will have to wait until a majority of minds are clouded with emotion.
Oh, the children.

No comments: